What is a Root Canal?
When Are Root Canals Required?
Infections affecting tooth roots or the pulp often necessitate root canal treatment. Several common indicators that suggest the need for a root canal include:
- Persistent, moderate, or severe pain lasting for an extended period.
- Pronounced sensitivity in the affected tooth to pressure, heat, or cold.
- Visible deep cavities in the tooth.
- Experiencing tooth discoloration.
- Unforeseen inflammation in the gums surrounding the affected tooth.
All the signs mentioned above signify that your tooth is in distress and calls for a dental root canal.